The Girard Academic Music Program (GAMP) provides a unique educational environment that allows all students in grades 5 through 12 to pursue music as a major subject. As a community that strives for academic and musical excellence, we are committed to the continued development of an educational environment in which all students succeed. Reflecting on our own collective knowledge and research on the best instructional practices, we will provide an educational environment that will be cooperative, interactive, rigorous in standards, and responsive to the diverse needs of learners.
- Involve parents, advocates for children, and concerned educators in the community in the decisions affecting the education of their children.
- Promise a culturally supportive, developmentally appropriate curriculum with adults who hold high expectations for all children.
- Provide integrated, heterogeneous, constructivist classrooms responsive to different learning styles and the multiple intelligence of children.
- Supply broadly-based assessment of children’s academic progress that enhances individual strengths and potential.
- Develop a wide range of supportive services that address individual student needs.
- Children are entitled to equal educational opportunities supported by the promise of greater resources to schools serving students who are needy.
- Influence the pursuit and use of best instructional practices by encouraging professional growth for all members of the school family.
- Mobilize our resources so that children will attend a school that is safe, attractive, and free of prejudice.